Wednesday, August 20, 2014

last one

there's something about the way your eyes
steal my breath when they meet mine
envelope my entire mind in blue.
the way you speak seems so sincere,
say everything i need to hear
making me believe it might be true..

but what if you're like the last one?
what if i'm right and you're all the same?
yeah what if you pull a fast one?
and winning my heart is just a game?

when you touch me it ain't fair
break down my walls right then and there
ease the tension building in my brain.
you stroke my hair and grab my waist
pull me in and kiss my face
for a reason i don't understand at all

and when you interlock my hands with yours
to keep them warm when they get cold
i'm looking for a lie hidden in your smile...

thinking, "what if he's like the last one?
what if this is an act he's played before?
what if he doesn't mean it?
if he only wants me 'cause he's bored?

i bet you he could do better,
bet you he's waiting for the next best thing
bet you i'm just a stand in
til someone who's beautiful wants him"

oh darlin' don't be like the last one
darlin' im begging, prove me wrong



No comments:

Post a Comment