Friday, January 29, 2016

leaving

you wanted to leave
and i don't believe it when you say
that you'd thought it would work anyway.

you were willing to let me go
until you realized what my going meant
'til you realized that i would leave you
before you could leave me.

you say you didn't mean it
but i know that you lied
because the way i thought you loved me
you would have never even tried.

i don't trust you to love me
but i'll buy your lies
'cause i can't let you go now
and i wouldn't last those miles.

                   ---

i can feel it on the clock now
our countdown has begun
until i'm not enough again
and you decide to run.

you say you want forever
you say there's no goodbye
but i can feel that hint of doubt
that hides behind your eyes

you say that you weren't thinking
but you can't undo those steps you made
one day you'll wake up tangled in me
and wish you hadn't stayed.

i can only hope i'll be stronger then.

No comments:

Post a Comment