Saturday, January 30, 2016

painful mementos

sitting here in the living room we built together
staring at everything that was supposed to make me smile

those roses lost their beauty
those earrings won't be worn
those pictures seem too happy
that book just breaks my heart
those dates celebrate the worst day of our love

i don't know how to feel that warmth i used to feel
when i could feel the love in our house in every breath
when thinking of you made my day
when my whole life seemed to glow
when i knew that you loved me with all my heart

i want everything to go back to how it used to be
when i was enough and i never doubted our forever

why did you have to go and break my heart :(
you were supposed to be the only person who never would hurt me
you had every ounce of my trust and i never thought you were anything less than perfect
i can feel that my walls are back up to where they used to be
and i don't know if you love me enough to try to take them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment