Wednesday, February 2, 2011

you aren't very pretty and you aren't very bright

"No, you listen. You turned out to be exactly who I thought you were. I never pretended to be somebody else. It's been me all along. And it was me who was hurt in front of everybody. Look, I didn't come here to yell at you, okay? I know what it feels like to be afraid to show who you are. I was. But I'm not anymore. And the thing is, I don't care what people think about me... because I believe in myself. And I know that things are gonna be okay. But even though I have no family, and no job, and no money for college... it's you that I feel sorry for. I know that guy that sent those emails is somewhere inside of you, but, I can't wait for him anymore... because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought. Useless and disappointing."
- Hilary Duff in "Cinderella Story"

No comments:

Post a Comment