Saturday, November 6, 2010

viva mehico

an acting class monologue.

............

Something I haven’t told you is about my trip to Mexico this March break. We get to the hotel, drop our bags in the room, and run down to look at the pool. We hadn’t been at the hotel for an hour yet when I decide to go back up to the room to put my bikini on. I walk into the room, and something happens. All of a sudden my blood sugar feels low, so i walk to my mom’s purse and eat a granola bar. Still low. I eat another. Still low, I can feel that I’m very low, so I walk towards the mini bar. I remember thinking “It’s $5 but mom won’t care, I’m low.”

And then nothing. Blackness.

I wake up to my moms voice. She was screaming, I didn’t understand what she was saying.

“SOMEBODY HELP ME, HELP, PLEASE, SHES BLEEDING, HELP! LIV, LIV ARE YOU OK, PLEASE HELP SOMETHINGS WRONG SHES COVERED IN BLOOD, LIV CAN YOU HEAR ME?”

“what mom, no I’m fine, stop yelling, whats going on?”

BLACKNESS.

“Liv, Liv your having a seizure. Look at me, drink this.”

Who is this blond lady holding my other arm? Why are there people in the door? “No, mom, I’m fine. Whats going on? Mom I’m ok.”

BLACKNESS.

“Liv, I’m giving you glucagon now.” I watch her stab my thigh with that huge emergency needle. I don’t feel it though. “Sweetie, don’t move, listen to your mom.” Who is this blond lady?

“Liv, your bleeding, what happened?” “What no mom I’m not.....

.......what’s happening to me?”

BLACKNESS.

I had a seizure. A bad one. I was unconscious when my mom found me. I had fallen into the wall and cut up my face, there was blood everywhere, dripping down my head, coating my clothes. It happened so fast, I kept going unconscious.

I’ve never been so terrified in my life.

When I finally came to, around 8 at night, 9 hours after the seizure, I said to my mom, “... I wish I could see the ocean.” “liv, you have seen it, you were in it.””... did I like it?” I still dont remember anything about the hour before the seizure.. I remember going low in the room, but nothing before. I remember my moms voice, her eyes. In my semi conscious haze, I remember seeing her crying, yelling down the sunny hallway with all the palm trees. I was so scared. Im still so scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment